A Little Happiness

Since last weekend, I've been doing a side job. I work as a teacher for expatriate. My first student named Sid. He is coming from Mumbai, India. This good looking guy [unfortunately, he's already taken] works in Bakrie Petroleum.

Yesterday was the third lesson. I taught him about nationality and numbers. He's kind of fast learner guy.  He can pass all the exercises easily.

When he learn about numbers, it was quite difficult for him. He couldn't make a difference between 7 and 3, 4 and 6. He made always the same mistake.

But I did really enjoy watching him stressed and depressed. His head would down, he begun to touch his hair, and then he shook his legs.

And when he finally could find the right answer, he laughed.

When I ordered him to do a simple math on the next exercise, he rejected.

"What's your background?" I asked.

"Finance," he answered.

"See, you must be clever at math," I said.

"But the last time I did this in elementary school," he argued.

"Come on, you can do it," I said.

Then he did it and he could answer all questions.

Am I a mean teacher? I am not only mean, also a little bit dumb because I still have a problem when I have to explain something to him.

Well, practise makes perfect. Hopefully, I'm getting better in this field.


PS:

My sister in law got pregnant. That's a WOW. Finally, after 3 years of waiting, I will have my own niece.

Grow faster, my unborn niece. Aunt is impatiently waiting :)

Comments

Post a Comment