The Best Concert Ever: TRAIN

I would never forget this night for the rest of my life: Epicentrum Walk, Dec 5th, 2011. That was the date of concert of Train.

I am not big fan of Train. I only know their three songs: Soul Sister, If It's Love and Marry Me. But when I saw the big promotion bilboard of their concert, I said to myself: I have to come and see their concert.

My crabby Patty :)
I searched all the information about this concert. The ticket was affordable, starting from Rp 450.000. But I thought I could use that money for other thing, like take an intensive English course.

Okay, stop spending my money to such a thing, like concert. Moreover, I have spent Rp 850.000 for Westlife last October.

December 4th, good friend of mine, Erlin posted picture of Train's Press Conference. I replied her tweet: If you got a free ticket, please give it to me. Erlin didn't relpy it.

On the next day, which is Dec 5th, I came home early because I got fever. Right after coming home, I decided to sleep.

Then my phone was ringing. Unknown number. I picked up the phone, and started talking with someone out there. Yep, that was Erlin. She gave me a call to tell me that  she had ONE TICKET OF TRAIN CONCERT.

I couldn't believe it. Seriously, Erlin gave me a free ticket of Train concert?? Yay.. I was so happy, and directly dressed up and went to the concert venue.
Erlin and I before the concert begins

I wasn't feeling sick anymore. Suddenly I felt so healthy. This was like a cure for my sickness. Train concert healed me.

I just couldn't wait to see Pat Monahan singing in the front of me. I stood precisely on the left side in front of the stage [sebelah kiri depan panggung].

Aditya, local singer opened the concert. He's a good singer. I've never heard his songs before, but I could enjoy the songs he sang that night.

After Aditya finished his last song, the stage got dark and all I could see was the crews of Train busy checking everything up there.

Tuuut...tuuuuttt... We heard the train sound effects. It gave me the feeling that we're at the train station waiting for someone special.  When the sound effects stopped, one by one passangers of that train stepped out. Scott Underwood, Jimmy Stafford and Patrick Monahan.

Geez, Pat was frikin hot! He was wearing white shirt with black vest, black skinny jeans and brown ankle boots. I couldn't stop screaming!!

Pat started singing Parachute, If It's Love, Meet Virginia and Get To Me [I've googled the setlist of their concert in Jakarta].

Before Pas sang the next song, he asked one lucky fan to come up to the stage with one condition: She has to know the next lyric of the song.

Well, actually I knew that song. Very familiar. Yep, it's Glee's anthem; Don't Stop Believin. Damn it, I could only sing the reffrain.

I was so jealous seeing that girl singing with Pat. And then dancing. Hugging. I wanted that too.

Okay, no need to worry. There was a second chance to go up there.

And it really happened. I became the first of probably 10 fans who went to the stage and dance with Pat. Aaarrrgghhh, I coudn't believe it. Pat picked me! Pat Monahan, the lead vocal of Train picked me!! Horaaayyy!! I jumped over the fence and ran to the stage.

Pat, Erlin and I
The next girls were coming to the stage. One of the stage crew gave the Trainette T-Shirt and wanted us to wear that T-shirt. We were dancing stupidly, wildly. It was sooo crazy.

Too bad, I forgot to take a picture with Pat. But don't worry because Erlin recorded that moment.

Pat was very nice. He coudn't stop giving us sweet surprises.  When he sang Marry Me, he went downstairs and "marry" all fans in the front of the fence. He shook hand with his fans and took pictures.

I was so lucky again. Pat came to me and Erlin. Took the camera from Erllin's hand, posed next us, pointed the camera to us and click. Yaaayyy... finally, We're taking picture with Pat.

Train was really amazing. They gave away so many things like T-shirt, guitar with Pat's signature on it and hat.

I've seen so many concert in my life. Westllife, Il Divo, Jason Mraz, The Ting Tings, David Archuleta, enz. But Train Concert was very different.

This was the best concert I've ever seen in my life. I felt so entertained with the whole parts of the concert. The music was very enjoyable. Pat has a wonderful voice. His stage act was terrific. He knew exactly how to build a special connection with the fans. Awesome.

I was so satisfied with Train concert and I would never ever forget it.

But I had to pay this unforgetable concer with my healthy. I got fever and needed to rest at home for two days.

PS: Pic and video, I'll post them later. The files are still in Erlin who is very tired after having marathon Train-Pitbull concert. Erlin, I can't thank you enough for this wonderful moment in my life! XOXO

Comments